21 Series –
Hydraulic Vertical Lift
A LEVEL CARRIAGE REGARDLESS OF LOAD PLACEMENT
The 21 Series vertical reciprocating conveyor (VRC) from PFlow Industries is a 2-post hydraulic lift that can handle loads of up to 6,000 pounds. The overall lifting capacity is determined by the carriage size and added options that increase its overall weight.
With a maximum carriage size of up to 12’ wide by 10’ long, the 21 Series VRC easily conveys a wide variety of materials, including materials on pallets. Available in cantilever or straddle configurations, the 21 Series VRC is lifted and lowered by chain over sprocket actuated by guide column-mounted hydraulic cylinders. A torsion bar links the two hydraulic cylinders to ensure both move at the same speed to equalize the load and ensure the carriage remains level at all times, regardless of load placement.
The 21 Series VRC has a vertical rise of 22’ and can be used indoors or outdoors to move materials up to two levels.
Each 21 Series unit is customized to fit your space and vertical lift application needs.
21 Series Hydraulic Lift Overview
- Load capacity up to 6,000 lbs based on carriage size
- Carriage sizes up to 12’ x 10’, easily accommodates pallets
- Vertical rise to 22’
- Standard travel speed is 24 feet per minute
- Up to 30 FPM available
- 10 cycles per hour, 100 per day
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Lifetime structural warranty
- Conforms to ASME B20.1 Safety Standards
Advanced safety features built into each 21 Series VRC
- Certified safety cams prevent carriage descent in the unlikely event of a chain failure
- Pressure switch prevents the carriage from drifting or sinking for a highly stable loading and unloading operation
- Velocity fuses prevent uncontrolled descent in the unlikely event of a hydraulic hose rupture
- Check valves hold the carriage in place in the event of
- Manual lowering valve allows carriage to be manually lowered to lowest level in the event of power failure or velocity fuse engagement
- Optional DeckLock Safety System provides added security at critical upper levels
- PFlow also offers a wide variety of gates and enclosures designed to meet your specific application
Features & Benefits
Lifting and lowering bulky loads of varying sizes, shapes, and weight. Ideal for use in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Lift loads of up to 6,000 lbs
Maximum carriage size of 12’ x 10’ is perfect for moving pallet loads
The standard travel speed is 24 FPM, with speeds up to 30 FPM available
10 cycles per hour, 100 cycles per day
Safety codes (ASME B20.1) require interlocked gates with enclosures on all sides of the lift. Enclosures must be a minimum of 8’ high and reject a ball 2” in diameter.
Standard power requirements are 208/230/460VAC, 3-phase (single-phase available). Control voltage is 24VAC. Push button stations and pump mounted pre-wired control panel are NEMA 12 rated. Push button stations provided at each level and include call/send operators and mushroom head emergency stop. Quick connect pre-wiring is optional.
- AIA Specification Data
- CSI Specifications Quick Connect – Word Document
- CSI Specifications No Quick Connect – Word Document
- Dimensions and Data (Cantilever) – PDF document
- Dimensions and Data (Straddle) – PDF document
- 21 Series (Cantilever) Drawings
- 21 Series (Straddle) Drawings
- Drawings are in DWG and PDF formats. If you have trouble downloading a DWG file, contact inside sales or a product manager.
“We are very familiar with the PFlow product line, so we took the project lead on the local level. We worked with PFlow to get the specs just right, expedite the process, and integrate several custom features that were requested.”
– Marco Dávila, Mexico Sales Manager, Johnson Equipment
Watch Our 21 Series in Action
Frequently Asked Questions
A vertical reciprocating conveyor (VRC) is a much safer option than moving boxes, objects, and pallets by hand or forklift. VRCs come with a wide range of standard and optional features to ensure the safety of both workers and cargo.
Generally speaking, the 21 Series requires minimal maintenance to keep it in good operating condition. Regular visual inspections, the addition of axle grease, and replacing the hydraulic oil and oil filter every 12 months are common maintenance tasks. Click here to view the 21 Series Preventative Maintenance and Schedule Checklist.