Agriculture & Mining VRCs
A vertical reciprocating conveyor (VRC) is a safe and efficient way to move pallets, drums, and heavy equipment between floor levels. PFlow VRCs can lift material loads weighing from 10 lbs to over 200,000 lbs much faster than other lifting means. Unlike forklifts, scissor lifts, or cranes, VRCs feature an enclosed carriage structure that prevents materials from falling and damaging machinery or structures, or injuring people.
Moving large, heavy equipment, bulk bags, super sacks, or other bulky equipment or materials can be challenging, especially when located in areas that are not suitable for other vertical lifting means. Because VRCs move materials and not people, they can be installed in places where elevators cannot – indoors or outdoors and in areas otherwise prohibited for use by elevators. PFlow Industries pioneered the VRC industry and helped author the existing regulations and standards for these specialized material handling devices. Our expertise remains unrivaled today.
Features & Options of PFlow Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors
PFlow custom designs each VRC based on the requirements of each customer’s application. Examples of the features and options available include:
- Installation flexibility – through a floor, on the side of a building or structure, or in an existing elevator shaft
- Mechanical or hydraulic options
- 2-post straddle or cantilever or 4-post configurations offering a variety of loading and unloading patterns
- Safety features and options such as gates, guards, safety cams, and interlocks designed to protect people loading, unloading, and working around the VRC
All PFlow VRCs comply with ASME code B20.1, the safety standard for conveyors and related equipment, which differentiates VRCs from people-moving elevators. A VRC is intended specifically for moving materials, products, or equipment and must not be used by people.
Benefits of Installing a PFlow Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor
- Faster, safer, and more efficient than other vertical lifting means
- Easy, push-button operation
- Less costly to install, operate, and maintain than elevators
- Allows for convenient access to otherwise unused space at other floor levels
Agriculture & Mining VRC Applications
A VRC provides a risk-free way of moving products or equipment between floors. Common uses in agriculture and mining include:
- Moving equipment, hoppers, bulk bags and super sacks to another floor level for storage
- Delivering product to multiple floor levels for processing
Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor FAQs
No. Based on your lifting application, PFlow will recommend either a straddle, cantilever or 4-post lift to best accommodate your loading and unloading needs.
Typically no The profile of a typical carriage is 3” to 10” above the floor surface. If a flush first-level transition is needed, a pit, ranging from 4” to 12” and up, is required.
CAD drawings and schematics for standard products are provided in our Knowledge Base. However, a VRC can be engineered to suit almost any space and application.
Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor Resources & Case Studies
Ready to Improve Material Movement?
If you could use a safe and efficient way to lift pallets, sacks, drums, and equipment vertically, we can help. Our experts will be pleased to prepare a free quote for a vertical conveyor designed specifically for your application. Call us in Milwaukee at 414-352-9000, or use our Quick Contact Form.