Safety Enclosures for VRCs
PROTECT WORKERS AND MATERIALS
All accessible sides of a vertical reciprocating conveyor that are not used for loading or unloading must be protected by enclosures a minimum of 8’ high and capable of rejecting a ball 2” in diameter at each level.
If lift service is to the edge of a mezzanine or balcony, only minimal enclosures are required because the equipment is guarded by location.
PFlow Industries’ enclosures are designed to protect workers and materials during loading and unloading. The enclosures are code-approved.
Features of our lift enclosures include:
- Enclosure panels are made of 1/2″ flattened expanded metal.
- Standard panels are 6” to 5’ wide.
- Panels are painted PFlow blue or custom paint colors available on request.
- All mounting hardware is included.
- Non-standard sizes, custom finishes and galvanized panels available on request.
- Any combination of shaftways, walls or permanent enclosures that provide equivalent protection is acceptable.