What are Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors (VRC’s)?
VRC’s are a safe, economical way to raise and lower materials in factories, warehouses, industrial plants, institutions or anywhere that products or supplies need to move from one level to another.
VRC’s are not elevators. In fact, they have their own national code (ASME B20.1) and are specifically exempt from the national elevator code. In 1981, PFlow helped change the national safety codes to specifically exempt “material-moving” vertical conveyors from “people-moving” elevator safety requirements.
VRC’s provide fast, efficient and convenient access to/from mezzanines, balconies, basements, and between levels in multiple story buildings. They can be installed for through-floor, interior or exterior applications. The principal components of VRC’s include guide columns, carriage, and a mechanical or hydraulic actuating mechanism.
Custom Designed for Your Needs
PFlow has the engineering capabilities, experience, and technical know-how to solve a myriad of vertical lifting problems. PFlow has designed VRCs to move materials that weigh only 10 lbs to over 200,000 lbs, with carriages from 30” x 30” to 60’ x 60’, and vertical heights from 4’ to over 200’. We have built large load work platforms, over-and-under equipment for assembly lines, hopper transfer systems and much more.
At PFlow, we know each VRC application is unique. That’s why we scrutinize and address every detail of every job. We carefully analyze your needs, cover all design and construction issues, provide complete code-approved engineered drawings and deliver ongoing service support.
Our experienced sales staff and engineers will design a customized vertical lift application tailored to your needs. Our focus has always been on safety and advanced technology – and creating solutions for specific vertical material handling problems.
Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor Benefits
- Economical solution to move materials
- Advanced, patented safety features protect workers and materials
- Safer and more efficient than using a forklift to move materials between levels
- Conveniently moves loads of all shapes, sizes and weights from 10 lbs. to 100 tons
- Customized to exact needs for mezzanines, through-floor and other multi-level applications
- Hydraulic, mechanical and fully automated systems available based on lifting capacity needs
- Can be installed in an unused elevator shaft, new or existing building
- Less costly to install, operate and maintain than elevators
- Guaranteed code approval in every state
- Conforms to ASME B20.1 Safety Standards